The newly revised Law on The Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste (hereinafter referred to as the new Solid Waste Law) will come into force on September 1, 2020.New solid waste law embodies the jinping ecological civilization thought, with the most strict and rigorous legal system to protect the ecological environment, and covers the whole process of production and operation of the enterprise’s environmental management duties and legal responsibilities, among them, the illegal behavior to the environment of heavy penalties “severe punishment” reached a new height, with more powerful skill to combat the illegal behaviour of solid waste environment.Here are 14 things that print owners need to pay attention to.
1. The construction of projects that produce, store, utilize or treat solid waste shall carry out environmental impact assessment according to law and abide by the relevant state provisions on the environmental protection administration of construction projects.
2. The prevention and control of environmental pollution by solid waste in the design and construction of construction projects shall be incorporated into the environmental impact assessment documents, and the measures for prevention and control of environmental pollution and ecological environment destruction shall be implemented, as well as the estimated cost of facility investment.
3. The facilities for the prevention and control of environmental pollution by solid waste identified in the environmental impact assessment documents of construction projects shall be subject to the “three simultanances” system, and shall be inspected by the construction unit in accordance with laws and regulations, and the acceptance report shall be prepared and disclosed to the public.
4. In accordance with the provisions of the Classified Management Directory of Fixed Pollution Source Pollution Permits (2019 edition), those who should apply for a pollution permit as required shall obtain a pollution permit in accordance with the law. It is strictly prohibited to discharge pollutants without a pollution permit or without a pollution permit.If a pollutant discharge permit has been obtained, it shall strictly comply with the requirements for the management of the pollutant discharge permit and do a good job in self-monitoring, implementation report, information disclosure and other work.
5. Units and other producers and business operators that collect, store, transport, utilize and treat solid waste shall strengthen the management and maintenance of relevant facilities, equipment and sites to ensure their normal operation and use.
6. Units and other producers and business operators that produce, collect, store, transport, utilize and treat solid wastes shall take measures to prevent the spread, loss and leakage of solid wastes or other measures to prevent environmental pollution, and shall not dump, pile up, discard or drop solid wastes without authorization.Those who transfer across provinces shall apply for and put on record in accordance with regulations.Import of solid waste from abroad is strictly prohibited.
7. Units that produce, collect, store, transport, utilize and treat solid waste shall, in accordance with the law, promptly disclose information on prevention and control of environmental pollution by solid waste and take the initiative to accept public supervision.Units that utilize and treat solid waste shall open their facilities and sites to the public in accordance with the law to enhance the public’s awareness of environmental protection and their participation in it.
8. Units discharging industrial solid waste shall establish and improve the industrial solid waste, collection, storage, transportation, utilization and treatment of the whole process of the responsibility system for the prevention and control of environmental pollution, to establish industrial solid waste management ledger timely, and have truthfully recording the type and quantity of discharging industrial solid waste, the information such as flow, storage, utilization, disposal, implement the traceability, can inquire, industrial solid waste and take measures for the prevention and control of environmental pollution by industrial solid waste.It is prohibited to release industrial solid waste into domestic refuse collection facilities.
9. The units that produce industrial solid waste shall, in accordance with their economic and technical conditions, make use of the industrial solid waste;For those temporarily not utilized or unable to be utilized, storage facilities and sites shall be constructed in accordance with the provisions of the competent department in charge of ecology and environment under the State Council, for safe classified storage, or measures for harmless treatment shall be taken.The storage of industrial solid waste shall adopt protective measures conforming to the state environmental protection standards.The construction of facilities and sites for the storage and treatment of industrial solid waste shall conform to the state standards for environmental protection.
10.In case of termination of a unit that produces industrial solid waste, it shall, before termination, take measures for the prevention and control of pollution to the facilities and sites for the storage and treatment of industrial solid waste, and make proper disposal of the untreated industrial solid waste to prevent environmental pollution.
11. Units that produce hazardous waste shall, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the State, formulate plans for the management of hazardous waste;Establishment of hazardous waste management parameter, faithfully record the relevant information, and through the national hazardous waste management information system to the local ecological environment declaration for hazardous waste by the competent department of the type, quantity, flow direction, storage, disposal and other related information, and in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state and environmental protection standards for storage, use and disposal of hazardous waste, shall not be dumped, piled up without authorization.
12.Containers and packages of hazardous waste, as well as facilities and sites for collecting, storing, transporting, utilizing and treating hazardous waste, shall be equipped with identification marks for hazardous waste in accordance with relevant regulations.Hazardous wastes shall be collected and stored separately according to their characteristics.It is prohibited to collect, store, transport or treat mixed hazardous wastes of incompatible nature that have not been safely disposed of.Protective measures conforming to the state environmental protection standards shall be taken for the storage of hazardous wastes.It is prohibited to store hazardous waste mixed with non-hazardous waste.
13.Units that produce, collect, store, transport, utilize and treat hazardous wastes shall, in accordance with law, formulate preventive measures and emergency preplans for accidents, and file them with the local competent department of ecological environment and other departments responsible for the supervision and administration of the prevention and control of environmental pollution by solid waste;The competent ecological and environmental departments and other departments responsible for the supervision and management of the prevention and control of environmental pollution by solid waste shall conduct inspections.
Post time: Sep-03-2020